On 24 Mar 2016, at 23:36, Bryan Drewery <bdrew...@freebsd.org> wrote:

> Is there any problem with forcing -std=c++11 for all CXX/LIB_CXX builds
> now?  We do this when using an external GCC since it doesn't default to
> the c++11 standard quite yet.  As far as I understand, we require c++11
> to build clang/libc++.

Yes, but it already passes -std=c++11 in the correct places, as far as I
know.  E.g. during the clang and libc++ builds.

> It seems to be the problem at
> https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-toolchain/2015-October/001757.html
> which I've fixed in an upcoming commit to properly pass -std=c++11 to
> the lib32 build in CXXFLAGS.

Hm, is this occuring during the build of libcxxrt, or of libc++?  If it
is the former, then it seems that the system headers don't properly
declare _Static_assert() in that case.  I have no clue as to why, though
maybe it's picking something up from gcc's famously "fixed" standard
headers?

-Dimitry