On 11/02/14 07:29, Matthias Apitz wrote:
El día Sunday, November 02, 2014 a las 07:24:02AM -0800, Nathan Whitehorn
escribió:

Are you running wpa_supplicant? If you can connect to a plain network
with ifconfig, these will stop.
-Nathan
I do run wpa_supplicant. But I don't understand what you mean with "If
you can connect to a plain network with ifconfig ..."

wlan0 has an IP addr (via DHCP from the AP) and I can connect. What do
you mean with "to a plain network with ifconfig ..."?

Thx

        matthias

You can connect to an unencrypted network by doing ifconfig wlan0 -bgscan ssid blah. The issue is that wpa_supplicant is doing scanning in the background, which forces the adapter into power-save mode.
-Nathan