On Mon, Jun 20, 2016 at 01:22:24PM +0200, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Jun 2016 12:02:26 +0200
> Ben Woods <woods...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Upon reboot I got a kernel panic after it loaded the module. I took photos
> > of my screen at the debug console, which you can find at the link below. If
> > there is a way to get a better output for debugging, please let me know.
> > http://imgur.com/a/TJ7i5
>
>  It seems that it kernel panic when creating the wlan0 interface.
>  I guess that the modules are loaded by the loader ? (i.e. in
> /boot/loader.conf)
>
>  Could you test not loading them by the loader but by manually after login ?
>
>  kldload iwmXXXXfw.ko && kldload if_iwm
>
>  Then restart the netif service (or create the wlan0 directly).
>
> --
> Emmanuel Vadot <m...@bidouilliste.com>

Hi Emmanuel,

Whilst I agree the screenshot looks like the failure occurs whilst creating the
wlan0 interface, it in fact occurs when loading the if_iwm module. I have
tested by stopping the netif service and then loading the modules manually, and
you can see the screenshot here:
http://i.imgur.com/2ftzhQa.jpg

I never got a chance to restart netif service.

Regards,
Ben

From: Benjamin Woods
woods...@gmail.com