The default ruleset has a disabled tech "Environmentalism" that would
supposedly be making the city improvement "Solar Plant" available. In
Civ2, this improvement gives (IIRC) the same production boost as the
other plants (Power, Nuclear, Hydro) but doesn't produce pollution
like Power, doesn't carry the risk of meltdown during civil disorder
like Nuclear, or require the city to be adjacent to a river like
Hydro.

Since Freeciv's Nuclear Plant doesn't have this meltdown factor, our
Solar Plant should have some other kind of bonus. I was thinking in
the line of something profoundly environment-friendly: reverse global
warming by eliminating all production-generated pollution.

Looking at the effects reference, I could only find flags that
increased pollution. Did I overlook something, or would such an effect
have to be implemented first?

 ~Daniel