Hello.  I just joined this list, and I did a quick skim thruogh the last
few months archives.  Please forgive me if I'm bringing up stuff thats
already been dealth with.

I've been trying to build freeciv under windows using MinGW/MSys for the
past week or so.  I had success doing this a couple years ago, but I
hadn't played with it since.  I ran into problems when it tried to link
civserver.exe.  If I ran autogen.sh normally,  and then make I got this
at the link step for civserver:

C:/GNU/MinGW/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/3.4.2/../../../libiconv.a(ds00007.o):
multiple definition of `locale_charset'
../intl/libintl.a(localcharset.o):c:/chris/freeciv/intl/localcharset.c:206:
first defined here
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[3]: *** [civserver.exe] Error 1

So, I tried the suggestions in the Install-Windows document and passed
--disable-nls into autogen.sh.  Then I got this:

./libcivserver.a(stdinhand.o): In function
`handle_stdin_input':c:/chris/freeciv/server/stdinhand.c:1064:
undefined reference to `_imp__libintl_fprintf'
:c:/chris/freeciv/server/stdinhand.c:1071: undefined reference to
`_imp__libintl_fprintf'
:c:/chris/freeciv/server/stdinhand.c:1074: undefined reference to
`_imp__libintl_fprintf'
:c:/chris/freeciv/server/stdinhand.c:1077: undefined reference to
`_imp__libintl_fprintf'
:c:/chris/freeciv/server/stdinhand.c:1082: undefined reference to
`_imp__libintl_fprintf'
./libcivserver.a(stdinhand.o):c:/chris/freeciv/server/stdinhand.c:1106:
more undefined references to `_imp__libintl_fprintf' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit

I finally figured out that I had to edit config.h and comment out this
line:
#define HAVE_LIBCHARSET 1

Have I installed something wrong?  Do I need to pass more options to
autogen?  Or is there a problem with autogen/configure?

After I made the aforementioned change, the GTK client built just fine.
However, the win32 client gave me lots of errors.  I set about fixing
them, and I have a patch ready.  Should I email it to this mailing
list?  Inline or Attachment?

I'm also wondering how the most recent win32 clients were built.  Some
of the stuff I was fixing has been there for over a year, and prevented
compiling the win32 client.  I'm confused as to how a new build was
released last month.  Perhaps I'm doing something else wrong.

Chris Nash (aka Homr Zodyssey)