On Sat, 19 May 2007, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> Building civ1 cities didn't reveal unexplored areas!  So, my version
> with the configuration line is better for backward compatibility.

I do not see why we should worry about that. It is nice that people can
play mods that feel like Civ1/2 with Freeciv, but we do not need to
support all kinds of small oddball configurations and/or bugs that people
scarcely even remember from civ1/2.

Given how many bugs we have and have had related to vision, I think we
need to move toward making it simpler, rather than making it more complex.

   - Per