> On 9/6/07, nikita bukhvostov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > ~~~~~
> > # Font in SDL-client
> > ~~~~~
> [snippet]
> > 1. Please write in your Docs/FAQs/Wiki - "How to change used font in
> > Freeciv SDL-client.."
> > 2. Please use font "DejaVu" (not "Vera") as your delault font for
> SDL-client..
> >

>2007/9/7, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> Excellent idea! DejaVu's official website is at:
> http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/
>
> I'll run some tests with the different versions of the font. The most
> stable one (LCG) supports the extended Latin scripts of certain
> eastern European languages such as Czech, as well as Cyrillic and
> Greek alphabets. An experimental version also includes Arabic and
> Hebrew scripts among others, that we could have use for.

Good =)
You can still see Liberation fonts
(https://www.redhat.com/promo/fonts/), but I think DejaVu's is the
best choice.. (but I do not know exactly...)
~~~~~
Screenshot with Liberation Sans (Regular)
~~~~~
1. Unpack fonts to /usr/share/fonts
2. $ fc-cache -f -v      ## {update font cache}
3. ln -s /usr/share/fonts/TTF/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
/usr/share/freeciv/themes/gui-sdl/human/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
4. In file /usr/share/freeciv/themes/gui-sdl/human/theme.themespec change =>

; The font to be used:
font_file         = "themes/gui-sdl/human/Default_font.ttf"
default_font_size = 18

; The font to be used:
font_file         = "themes/gui-sdl/human/LiberationSans-Regular.ttf"
default_font_size = 18

5. Screenshot:
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/3962/freecivwithliberationsayo9.png

> > ~~~~~
> > # Save/Load game in SDL-client
> > ~~~~~
> > Freeciv increasingly evolving and improving..
> > But there is one disadvantage (problem) -
> >
> > In Gtk2-client you can Save/Load game, _but_ in SDL-client can't to do
> this..
> > Please, programmers who does, participates or helps to do SDL-client -
> > need to add function Save/Load game in SDL-client too.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Nikita "dragon_djanic" Bukhvostov
> >

>2007/9/7, Daniel Markstedt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> SDL Freeciv is certainly feature-incomplete and this lack of a
> save/load game dialog is a known issue. I put up a warning in bold
> letters on the download page so that everyone who downloads it will
> know this beforehand.

But need to do this functions too..
How do you think - in what version of Freeciv it's appears?

~Nikita "dragon_djanic" Bukhvostov