Michael Kaufman wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 04, 2008 at 07:49:58PM -0800, Jason Dorje Short wrote:
>> ...   Why not just use the ptile->index as the city id?  ...

> without knowing the tile location that the city sits on (the capital city?)

I really like Jason's idea.  It might take time to implement, but it could
ameliorate half a dozen recent bug reports that come to mind.  And this
would be a good time to eliminate the id field, as 2.2 will never generate
savegames readable by earlier versions (because of new terrain).

Since the id variable elimination will discover all existing uses, it's a
good time to fix the latter, as well.