> The question is, how does this work in your languages?

6 cases * 4 genders = 24 forms of adjective in russian. Well, you may forget
about cases, but 4 forms for different genders still here. However, you can't
use them with gettext. (*)

> What different cases of the nation names should Freeciv support to appear
naturally when translated?

No answer here.

(*) Honestly, you can use them with gettext. I wrote proof-of-concept patch
(long time ago) that used gettext plurals for genders (adding one fictional,
since there are 3 plural forms in russian.) But it looks too awful.

PS. This bug is for absent category "i18n"

--
Thanks, evyscr