On 23 May, 2010, at 10:15 PM, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

> An argument for seperate AI clients would also be that it makes
> developing the AI more fun.

        I like this idea.  Battle For Wesnoth has an API so that people can try
their hand at making a new AI.  AIs used to be python scripts, but that was
removed for security reasons.  One of the goals now is rewriting the API for
Lua.

> Or you can easily play different versions of the AI
> against each other.

        This is true genius.  Being able to use a different AI is good, but
having multiple AIs available in the same game is great.  If i'm not mistaken,
Civ3 nations have unique 'personalities'.  Some are more defensive while others
are more aggressive.  Also, pitting them against each other would be the best
way to test them out.

Sent from my MacBookPro

I wasted time, and now doth time waste me. William Shakespeare