Hmm, yes, well the Acadian flag was obviously based on the French flag but I
can see how this becomes problematic.  I was under the impression that the
"conflicts_with" clause was to help towards preventing something like that,
although I imagine it doesn't help if a player takes France and another
Acadia.

Acadia doesn't really use any other distinguishing symbols (except maybe
lobster, but that wouldn't work as a flag!), although I'm thinking it might
be possible to fudge things a little and make the star bigger to fill up
almost all of the blue.  You would never seen any flag like that in Acadia,
but it might solve our problem.