On 27 Mar, 2011, at 6:32 PM, Daniel Markstedt wrote:

> The points you raise in this email is for the whole Freeciv community
> to discuss. As such, I'm forwarding this to the freeciv-dev at gna.org
> mailing list.

<snip>

>> How about combining those elements in 1 game..
>> Fast!
>> 3D!
>> Tech-Tree reality orientated!
>> For those who like micro managing war battles, a 3d scenery for the big
>> important battles!

        Here are my thoughts, whether or not they are worth anything:

* Fast; sure, fast is good.
* 3D; personally i find 3D to more of a distraction than a benefit.
* Tech-Tree; this sounds good, and shouldn't need more than a new ruleset to
implement.
* micro managing war battles; i'm not sure there's a practical way to reconcile
this with online play.  Put together a proof of concept, and we'll go from
there.

Sent from my MacBookPro

If you're not making waves, you're not rowing the boat.