                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

I'm opening this ticket for discussion about possible inclusion of Alien
World modpack to freeciv svn. It really is about discussion at this point -
I'm undecided myself if I rather keep developing it independently from freeciv
project.

In any case I'm only considering inclusion to svn repository at this point -
to be maintained along with other rulesets. It's definitely not yet ready to
be part of release tarballs.

Pro for AW: It would give the ruleset higher profile - it would be part of
freeciv project and not just something one person hopefully maintains -> more
user trust, artists might be more willing to help
Pro for FC: Having drastically different official ruleset is like giving two
games instead of one to our end users. I often consider AW as second "mode" of
freeciv. Even experimental ruleset falls under "default mode", along with
default, civ1 & civ2 rulesets.

Con(?) for AW: It would be subject to decisions of Freeciv maintainer board,
no longer something that I can dictate to directions I have wanted it to.
Con for FC: When we start including custom rulesets, where we draw the line?
Is AW even best candidate for inclusion? I definitely don't want to use my
position as Freeciv maintainer to push my own creation to high profile list if
more deserving ones are left out.