> Please make 'p - l * 32' into 'p % 32', it will be much clearer,
> and it is equivalent.
Sure, I wasn't suggested that as the actual fix. More extensive changes are
needed here anyway, and there's chances to save time and memory. For instance,
lines and hence known[] is bigger than it needs to be, and we could avoid
saving half-bytes that have no information.

> And this affects games with 33 players, since for p = 32,
> p - l * 8 maps to 24 and overwrites another players vision.
If l=1, we're on the next "row" of known[], so that shouldn't be the case
(due to the "l * MAP_INDEX_SIZE" term)?