On 19 May 2012 09:27, Andreas Røsdal <andre...@pvv.ntnu.no> wrote:
> On Fri, 18 May 2012, Marko Lindqvist wrote:
>
>> I've spend some time with freeciv.net again. This time I started by
>> forking andreas's code for my own more or less experimental
>> adjustments. My git is in https://github.com/cazfi/freeciv-web
>

> That's great. Let me know if I can help with anything.

  I think I'll do just short stint with it, so "help" can be that you
remain the main developer. ;-)

> Also, if you could find a public server to run the game on...

 Yes. Some hosting solution would be nice, but meanwhile my top
priority is to ensure that freeciv.net codebase itself is not left
behind when freeciv goes forward. Maybe some day, someone, will build
servers for it, but only if we have codebase (s)he can use.

> To get the full list of changes to freeciv, you'll probably have to
> create a diff between /freeciv from Freeciv.net and Freeciv.org trunk from
> 2009-10-18 (revision 16158). I might have forgotten to store and create
> patches of all the changes I did, particulary the most recent changes.
> For example, I backported some changes from Freeciv.org, such as newer
> nations and the latest version of the tileset.

 I've since got it running from version I produce by patching
mainstream freeciv. I've started updating it to work with newer
freeciv. Instead of trying to update to current freeciv at once,
breaking absolutely everything and having not much to start revival
attempts from, I'm going up in freeciv revisions in shorter steps -
update freeciv.net to work with one revision and then with next one
(so far I've used steps of about 500 revisions) My current freeciv.net
version is based on freeciv revision 17501. From the freeciv
changelogs it seems that there's some hard to proceed parts coming up
(bitvector network protocol changes etc)

 - ML