                 Privacy: Public
         Planned Release:

In a number of places (notably nations), there are plain ASCII renderings of
names/words with diacritics etc with i18n marking, accompanied with TRANS
comments instructing translators where to reinstate the non-ASCII characters.

This means English players miss out on correct orthography. I could fix this
for en_GB players in the po file (but haven't).

Any reason we couldn't supply an en_US locale whose *only* job was to restore
the orthography? (It's possible this could even be done mechanically, although
I'm not sure how it would work exactly.)

(An alternative would be lifting the restriction that means msgids have to be
ASCII-only. I don't know what that entails.)