                 Release: 2.4.0-beta1
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
         Planned Release:

Noticed today with the 2.4.0-beta1 Gtk Windows package, but for all I know
it's been with us forever -- I haven't checked older versions.

When starting a game from the client, in the chat window, I got a single:

"Invalid string conversion from UTF-8 to CP1252."

I happened to have been dealt the Turks, leader "İsmail Enver" (first
character is U+0130 "LATIN CAPITAL LETTER I WITH DOT ABOVE", in case Gna
mangles it). A bit of experimentation suggests that it's the leader name
that's the problem. And indeed CP1252 doesn't have that character.

I'm not sure what is trying to convert to CP1252. The leader name displayed
fine in the client everywhere I saw it.