             Assigned to: jtn
                 Release:
         Discussion Lock: Any
        Operating System: Any
         Planned Release: 2.5.0, 2.6.0

Various units (Settlers, etc) in our supplied rulesets have no way to become
veteran; they are NoVeteran (so can't gain experience), no Veteran_Build
effects apply, no scripts apply. A scenario could in theory have created
veteran settlers but the editor has hitherto made that hard (bug #22198) so
probably no-one's done it.

As of bug #22201 the help will nevertheless display lots of taunting
information about impossible bonuses.

I propose to add custom single-level veteran systems to all our supplied
rulesets (except civ1/civ2) so that effectively-veteranless units really are.
The single-level system will suppress help and other UI stuff about
veterancy.

Keeping this off 2.4 because of potential trouble from bug #22172 if using new
rulesets with old server and old savegames.
(However, it wouldn't take much to persuade me that that possibility is
negligible, since ruleset and server versions are likely to be strongly
coupled in practice.)