On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 09:42:01 AM Michael Vehrs wrote:
> I don't disagree. As far as cosmetics are concerned, I might have time
> to repaint rivers and forest with river tiles to make them more
> pleasing. But I'm not promising anything. The end of the year is fraught
> with domestic duties.

Indeed so.  Nevertheless, if you have a minute or two:-), here for comment is
a list of bullet points for the release notes (and BTW, nice work with the
disasters, some of them really hurt).

    - bugs:
      >80 bugs fixed.

    - colony names (freecol ruleset):
      The colony names have been revised for accuracy and chronological order,
      contributed by izzieliu.

    - disasters:
      Colonies are subject to natural disasters.

    - European trade:
      Trading of goods with other European nations should be working again.

    - intervention force:
      A foreign power may intervene and aid you against the REF.

    - map reveal:
      The map is fully revealed on independence, as in Col1.

    - native anger:
      Native settlements now have a `most hated nation', visible in the
      various popups, reports and the `!' chip by the settlement name.

    - native trade:
      An option has been added to allow trading with empty carrier units.

    - path finding:
      The path finding code has been reworked, and should now find the
      fastest path in more cases.

    - peace:
      The monarch now sometimes declares peace.

    - ship names:
      Ships now have names by default.  Historic ship name list contributed
      by izzieliu.

    - AI:
      - Following the path finding rewrite, most AI actions have been
        reworked and are now more robust and efficient, fixing many
        long standing bugs.  This was a lot of work (the main reason
        for the long release cycle), much of which is not really
        obvious, the AI just fails less often.

        For example: In a 0.10.5 test game an AI sent a unit to build
        a colony on a small island, but when it arrived the colony
        site had already been taken by another nation.  Its units just
        hung around until eventually captured.  With 0.10.6 a new
        colony site is chosen as soon as the existing one becomes
        unavailable, and if needed a transport unit will be sent to
        take the colony founders there.

      - The European AI players now send out missionaries.

      - European AI player cheating has been reduced, some explicit cheats
        are now controllable in the game options.

      - Native AI gift and tribute demand probabilities are now game options.

      - Note though, with very few exceptions, the AI is concerned
        only with the efficiency of its movements.  It makes no
        attempt to check if it is moving its units into danger.  Not
        yet.  That is the next major thing to do with the AI.  For
        now, do not bother reporting bugs where the AI moved a unit
        into unnecessary danger.  We know.

Cheers,
Mike Pope