On Sun, 13 Jan 2013 11:58:45 AM Russell Steinthal wrote:
> So as mentioned on the list a week or two ago, I do in fact have a set of
> working Col1 disks and now that I have a $20 USB 3.5" floppy drive, I have
> Col1 working under DosBox emulation.

Already with effect.  Now that we have confirmation of the correct behaviour, I
coded up a fix for BR#1513 at lunch time today.  Should be in trunk Real Soon
Now.

> Several of them (e.g. #1554 and #1903) request quantitative information on
> the AI behavior of the Col1 engine (in those cases, scouting probabilities
> and taxation, respectively).  I'll try to keep notes in my next test game,
> but a threshold question is which Col1 difficulty level we're trying to
> emulate?

Unfortunately:  all of them.  OTOH, given we often have either no information
or disputed information, we are happy to get anything reasonably clear that
can guide the coding direction.

Cheers,
Mike Pope