On Sun, 23 Aug 2015 18:33:16 +0200
win...@genial.ms wrote:
> I hope we will, but afaik we have not yet decided if thats in next release or
> later?

I think 1.7 going unsupported is enough to encourage us to move quickly.
When we last discussed this I wanted to check the OS X situation before
deciding.  I have since done so, finding that 1.8 is the default download,
and 0.11.5 builds and runs fine if built with it on an oldish mac I have
access to.  The Debian world were the only other concern, but I think the
presence of 1.8 in -unstable is good enough there.  I do like Debian, but
they are doing us no favours by continuing to package 0.10.7 (even in
-unstable), so I am disinclined to let them determine our policy.  So, I
think Caleb has made the right edit:-).  1.8 for FreeCol-next-release it
is, and belated apologies to William Astle for the jogg/jorbis problem.

> Java 1.7 is effectively dead, as you can not download it for testing anymore
> without having
> an Oracle account, which requires info like the name of company you
> represent...

That sounds like Oracle alright.

Cheers,
Mike Pope