> For testing improvement request #43, we're having difficulty encountering
the looting panel for capturedGoodsDialog.

I've only encountered the CaptureGoodsDialog when attacking ships. In
theory it could effect any Unit (net.sf.freecol.common.model) though it's
only a Carrier with goods in its holds that it really applies to -- this
can only be a ship or a wagon train.

> Is there perhaps any other way to test this panel other than manually
testing the UI through gameplay (i.e. dev tools or saved games)?

I don't think the debug mode will help here. I created a save game with the
player's privateer and a nearby ship to loot from. You'll find this in the
tile (41, 29) area of the map. You can use the file at
https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/improvement-requests/43/

Thanks,

*Caleb R. Williams*