Just to keep everyone in the loop, I have been fairly distracted lately,
but have a bunch of experimental performance improvements undergoing
benchmarking.  We have a serious problem with large games where I am
seeing major slowdowns, but puzzlingly its not so much with the gameplay,
but with the basic graphical operations --- just bringing up a popup menu
for example.  Profiling and benchmarking continues.

The bug list is little changed since last time I commented.  (Yes, Marcin,
I will be fixing your new bug shortly:-).

Cheers,
Mike Pope