Wow! Interesting!
Well please feel free to keep us up to date in that thread i made (and linked
to the previous msg below) or in one of your own. I wish you luck!!
Breaks my heart every time I see someone post on a forum or chat somewhere that
they don't wanna play the game because they don't like the graphics. They miss
out on a great game and a lot of hard work from Michael and his predecessors.
Alternative tileset support and a healthy 3rd party tileset modding scene like
FreeCiv has would massively change that issue but seemed a nearly impossible
dream.
Good luck!

Regards
Blake