On Sat, 23 Apr 2022 18:54:47 +0000
Stian Grenborgen <stian...@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> We are still running our website www.freecol.org using http. It's possible
> switching over to https, while keeping our own domain name, by requesting it
> from SourceForge. They would need to manually add our domain to the list of
> SubjectAlternativeName on their server certificate.
>
> Should I request the change? ...and migrate our website over to
> vhost2.sourceforge.net?

I am in favour of being on https.

> Asking since there have been some suggestions about moving the website to
> Github Pages, which also supports https with our domain name, and I don't
> want to ask SourceForge unless we plan on keeping our website there.

I am still not in favour of moving fully to github.  The sticking point for
me has always been that github has nothing comparable to the SF forums,
which I believe are valuable.  That said, the website is a separable part
of the overall FreeCol project, it can live where the people who want to
work on it find the most convenient.

Cheers,
Mike Pope