On Sun, 24 Apr 2022 10:46:23 +0000
Stian Grenborgen <stian...@student.matnat.uio.no> wrote:
> > [ https://sourceforge.net/p/freecol/wiki/0.12.0%20Release%20Notes/ ]
> > In game music from Alexander Zhelanov
>
> I think we should postpone adding the music until FreeCol 0.13.0, and make
> that release one/two month(s) from now. That way, we have more tracks
> available -- avoiding making the players tired of hearing the same few tracks
> being played over-and-over.
> In addition, there are several changes requiring new translation strings that
> I have postponed since we are close to a release. It would be nice having
> another release rather soon.

No worries, I have not had a chance to look at the music at all, so your
call.

> So, my suggestion is:
>
> 1. Make a new nightly build since there are multiple important fixes that
> have been added lately.
> 2. Make an announcement on the forum and Discord channel that we will be
> releasing 0.12.0 in a few days -- and that testing and bug reports (or even
> reports that everything works fine on a specific operating system) is
> especially appreciated.
> 3. Publish our plan for a 0.13.0 release on the forum so that
> Alexander/Misiulo know the deadline if they want something included.
> 4. Publish our plan for a 1.0.0 release on January 2nd, 2023.

No problems with that, and I definitely can see the point with #2, given
that I am still finding event-dispatch-thread related crashes.  What would
be really good is an intense burst of testing.  Where is our publicity
manager--- you there Blake?

Cheers,
Mike Pope