tom ehlert wrote:
Hello Jim,

JH> I assume you mean yourself? Or do you mean Anton Zinoviev, since he JH> wrote several files from scratch? several ? and I will immediately remove the BG keyboard from MKEYB, should he ask me.

Yes, looks like BG. Looking at the mkeyb 0.40 zip file:

/* keydefbg.h */
/*
* history
* 22 may 03: Anton Zinoviev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - creation
*/

/* keydefbp.h */
/*
* history
* 22 may 03: Anton Zinoviev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - creation
*/

JH> Or perhaps Henrique Peron, the original author? there never was, is, or will ever be a single line from henrique peron. stop dreaming.

Comments in the code imply otherwise, but perhaps I am mistaken.

From mkeyb 0.40:

/* keydefbr.h */
#define NAME(x) x##_BR
#include <dos.h>
#include "mkeyb.h"
#define COMBI
/***comments from original author (Henrique Peron - [EMAIL PROTECTED])***
ABNT Brazilian XKeyb keyboard layout.
Henrique Peron
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
********************************************************/

/* keydefbx.h */
#define NAME(x) x##_BX
#include <dos.h>
#include "mkeyb.h"
#define COMBI
/***comments from original author (Henrique Peron - [EMAIL PROTECTED])***
ABNT Brazilian XKeyb keyboard layout, "extended" edition.
This layout can be used with codepages 850 or 858.
Henrique Peron - [EMAIL PROTECTED]

JH> What about Pat Villani, who wrote prf.c and portab.h? this prf.c was written by the author of mkeyb, NOT pat villani.

Your distribution says otherwise. From the mkeyb 0.40 release:

/****************************************************************/
/*                                                              */
/*                           portab.h                           */
/*                                                              */
/*                 DOS-C portability typedefs, etc.             */
/*                                                              */
/*                         May 1, 1995                          */
/*                                                              */
/*                      Copyright (c) 1995                      */
/*                      Pasquale J. Villani                     */
/*                      All Rights Reserved                     */
/*                                                              */
/* This file is part of DOS-C.                                  */
/*                                                              */
/* DOS-C is free software; you can redistribute it and/or       */
/* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License  */
/* as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version */
/* 2, or (at your option) any later version.                    */
/*                                                              */
/* DOS-C is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but */
/* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of   */
/* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See    */
/* the GNU General Public License for more details.             */

/****************************************************************/
/*                                                              */
/*                            prf.c                             */
/*                                                              */
/*                  Abbreviated printf Function                 */
/*                                                              */
/*                      Copyright (c) 1995                      */
/*                      Pasquale J. Villani                     */
/*                      All Rights Reserved                     */
/*                                                              */
/* This file is part of DOS-C.                                  */
/*                                                              */
/* DOS-C is free software; you can redistribute it and/or       */
/* modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License  */
/* as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version */
/* 2, or (at your option) any later version.                    */
/* DOS-C is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but */
/* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of   */
/* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See    */
/* the GNU General Public License for more details.             */
/* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public    */

This email message has been automatically encrypted using ROT-26.

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: IBM Linux Tutorials Free Linux tutorial presented by Daniel Robbins, President and CEO of GenToo technologies. Learn everything from fundamentals to system administration.http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=1470&alloc_id=3638&op=click _______________________________________________ Freedos-devel mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/freedos-devel