Hi!

22-Июн-2004 13:00 [EMAIL PROTECTED] ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:

>>ASM> using EMM386 to provide UMBs, you may get troubles with DMA because of
>>ASM> the mismatch of linear and physical addresses.
>>    FD currently compares buffer address (in dsk.c and blockio.c) with
>>explicit A000 when decising to use internal buffer for disk IO, so no
>>problems.
ase> I didn't mean just the kernel, but the possible TSRs that might be loaded
ase> high and make use of DMAs or such things just because they chose to load in
ase> the uppermost position in the MCB chain.

     Ha! First, I don't know such (useful) programs, which use DMA and load
itself into "uppermost position" (LAST_FIT). Second, _if_ you use such
program, just don't pass A000 segment for EMM386, say something like I=A001.