On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:59:22 +0200, you wrote:

Hello Bernd, Michael and Tom,

>approving the FD-EMM386 under an all-MS environment is step #1, and then
>getting the sound driver to work under FreeDOS is step2

Got the answer. Sorry it's not "full" test combination ...

UMBPCI automatically disqualified because SB driver report no EMM386
in memory (I think it look for the NAME = EMMQXXX0).

Under latest FreeDOS Kernel 2035a patch from Arkady:

MS-HIMEM + MS-EMM = OK
FD-HIMEM + MS-EMM = OK
FD-HIMEM + FD-EMM = FAIL
MS-HIMEM + FD-EMM = Reboot

Fail message:

=====
Creative SB16 Emulation Driver, Version 4.05
Copyright(c) 1996-2000, Creative Technology Ltd., All Rights Reserved.

Creative Audio @ Port e400, IRQ 5

error: Could not allocate code/patch RAM below 4 Mbyte boundary. Try
       RAM.

Creative SB16 Emulation Driver NOT loading.
=====

>wish I still had that card..and the DOS drivers. I remember asking
>Creative about them, as they were not distributed publicly :(

If you want to test I can mail you, together with driver.

But it's surprisingly easy to download from Internet, maybe it's the
pressure from M$ to support Windoze.

Rgds,
Johnson.