On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Erwin Veermans wrote:

> I run build.bat and it halts almost immediately in .\suppl
>   "suppl.tgz: bad compression data"

yes, suppl.tgz is corrupted. I tried to tar xzvf it and that doesn't help
either. The one in CVS is also corrupted, for one things it lacks the cvs
kb tag.

(I wonder why the stripped down suppl source isn't simply uncompressed in
a directory -- perhaps a subdirectory of suppl if you want to have it
seperate but I digress).

> "Error: segment _TEXT exceeds 64K"  (repeated 4 times)

You're doing nothing wrong here as far as I can see. The source is too
big now to fit in 64k. Large model is a work around but then you'd need a
suppl_l.lib.

> What can I do about this to finally compile my
> xms-swap command.com?

Optimization. Arkady is the expert here ;)

Bart