> > You're doing nothing wrong here as far as I can see. The source is
> > too big now to fit in 64k. Large model is a work around but then
> > you'd need a suppl_l.lib.
>
> The simplest workaround is to use
> CC = $(BINPATH)\TCC +$(CFG) -1
> in config.mak. It makes command.com unusable on 8088s but for the
> xmsswap version that's not an issue (as XTs don't have XMS anyway).
>
> Bart

Thanks, that did the trick!
That would imply it is always better to compile
xms-swap version for CPU > 8088 ?

So here I recap compiling FreeCOM for mere mortals.

- Get and install Nasm (16bit, minimum version: 0.98.35)
- Get and install TurboC++ 1.01
- Get and unzip latest FreeCOM CVS
http://fdos.org/kernel/freecom.HEAD.zip
- Get and unzip Suppl to .\Freecom\Suppl2
http://freedos.sourceforge.net/freecom/packages/suppl.zip

- Copy Config.std to Config.mak (in .\Freecom)
- Address following in Config.mak:
  CC_BASE_PATH = C:\TCPP101 (substitute your path)
  NASM = nasm.exe (substitute your path)
  SUPPL_INC_PATH = ..\SUPPL2
- Insert in Config.mak after "CC = $(BINPATH)\TCC +$(CFG)"
  !if $(XMS_SWAP)
  CC = $(BINPATH)\TCC +$(CFG) -1
  !endif
- Create empty file "skip" in .\Freecom\Suppl

Now (re)create your Command.com from .\Freecom with
"build -r", and xms-swap version with "build -r xms-swap"

Keep a copy of Suppl.zip and your Config.mak at hand when
you decide to delete all Freecom sources before upgrading
with a new Freecom-CVS-zip.

Erwin Veermans