On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:55:13 -0300, you wrote:

Hi,

> If they have MS-DOS,that is. Remember it is no longer available from
>Microsoft. Probably neither PC-DOS nor DR-DOS will also last for long.
>Even if they do, it is much better to have a free and open source
>OS than a proprietary one.

Yes, I agree.

But sadly, FreeDOS still not v1.0, that means it's still have some
kind of bugs.

My point is, if the program run smoothly in FreeDOS, fine! But just
like my Chinese System "HAN", never works in FreeDOS, I have no choice
but to use MS-DOS, in this period I can't switch to FreeDOS, and I'm
willing to see the FreeDOS directions towards "New Hardware for old
software (of course new software will works)", so in MY opinion,
development should be 386 oriented and have a 8086/286 version.

I've explain to Eric in the last 4 email, but maybe my cripple English
didn't convince him.

> Other point is: If FreeDOS gains momentum, DOS will no longer be seen
>as "dead", and probably applications development for it will take off

Still a LOT of people don't know about FreeDOS, so our job is migrate
some old stuffs to FreeDOS. Also do our "marketing", and let Eric,
Michael and Jeremy make the Kernel perfect.

In the meantime, I need to find out how the old stuffs fail to run on
FreeDOS, and think about the priority of the work, what kind of
"road" FreeDOS should walk.

>again. I hope so. I also hope that the current cavalier attitude towards
>size and complexity of software is somehow checked.

Everything apply the law of K.I.S.S. = Keep It Simple Stupid

Thanks for comment.

Rgds,
Johnson.