tOn Sun, 24 Jul 2005 03:18:45 +0200, you wrote:

Hi,

>> But sadly, FreeDOS still not v1.0, that means it's still have some
>> kind of bugs.
>which is cause, which is consequence? ;-)

Chicken and Eggs :-)
Better to say this way: If FreeDOS are DONE, no more MS-DOS!

>I agree with this, and if simplicity in the number of versions available
>is an issue, have 386+ and 8088 versions (being 286+ optimized is ok
>whenever possible, and whenever the differences between the
>286-optimized and 386-optimized versions are small.
>Furthermore, this is something already done, I assume, but such versions
>should clearly say "386+ optimised version" or "8088 version" clearly in
>the /?, or this may become a nightmare of versions when a user reports bugs.

100% agree to your idea.

For a better and simpler way to distribute, separate 8086 and 80386+
will let users "easier" to understand.

Since most of the compiler/assembler have a 8086/80386 optimize
parameter, it should be quite easy to get 2 version within a minutes.

Rgds,
Johnson.