Alain schreef:
I don need them. But the fact is that if one exist in a bach file, it will be included in the variable and needed for further test. And old baches work. If you remove it, it will stop working.

we aim to mimic other command interpreters, not to keep compatible with old/ancient FreeCOM releases. My current batchfiles use features added in the 0.84 series of FreeCOM, I can't go back.
On harddisk's FreeCOM I can perform regression testing though :)
So, staying compatible is not always an option.
Upgrading FreeCOM and also changing batchfiles then, is your own option and decision. No one is forcing anyone :)

It would be great it it was like this from the begining. But it was not. chenge it now is worse only because of compatibility. And DOS *is* about compatibility :)

compatibility with what exactly?

I guess we'll simply have to test how other shells behave

Alain

Bernd