Michael Devore escreveu:
> Yeah, but if you release what is perceived by more than a few percentage of
> users as a failed install or operation, FreeDOS could require significant
> damage control. And give more credibility to a few vultures who will
> over-hype FD problems for their own purposes, though that's probably a
> given at this point regardless of what's done.  The negatives may be muted
> with a bit more time to test and to allow the 1.0-announce influx of bug
> reports to clear.

I fully agree with Michael:
- instalation shoulb be reasonably smooth (I am not following this)
- incompatiblilities should be minimal (this is almost good so far)
- "features for the modern world" are important, mainly FAT32 and LFN

> But I don't like the idea of a hyperbolic approach to 1.0 either.  There
> must be a middle path, and  I think it can be done without going through
> the full-blown transitional alpha-1, beta-1, beta-2, RC-1, RC-2, etc.
> business.

That is a point too... As soon as FreeDOS 1.0 is out, it will get
installed in a lot of machines, if people feel that there is support and
new bug fix releases shortly after, it can also be interpred as positive ;-)

Ah! does anyone know how to make a new FreeDOS realease for DOSEMU in
.rpm format?

Alain
PS: I am allways amazed by Michael's debugging like this one about
QB40... This one was even more complex than the C=00 for some Borland
programs !!!