Hi!

18-Авг-2006 21:04 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Markus Laire) wrote to
freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net:

>A:\>if not errorlevel 4 getargs > temp.bat [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
ML> # I needed to press ENTER twice on the line above

     This is right: first time you confirm "if not errorlevel", second time
you config "echo". Same as in MS-command.com. Difference is that, unlike
MS-command.com, FreeCOM wrongly send prompt for nested command to file,
which used for redirection (temp.bat).

>A:\>call temp.bat [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
>A:\>temp.bat [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
>A:\>A:\>getargs  [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?  [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
-----^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

     This is what I mean. But, unfortunately, with MS-command.com you also
don't get valid redirected file, because it puts to redirected file answer
"Y" (in any case, when you press Enter or Y). Fortunately, for FreeCOM I fix
this bug - so watch, when Blair accept this patch.

>A:\>if exists FDCD0001 devload /h /qq crdcache.sys FDCD0001 CDRCACH1 1024
>>>NUL [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
ML> # I needed to press ENTER twice on the line above

     Same as above - nested command.

>X:\>del z:\drvlist.txt [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC]?
>x:\>rem shsurdrv /qq /u>NUL [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
>X:\>if !C: [Yes=E==! set destdrv=C: [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?

     This something new. Interesting, what will happen with my patch? If
similar trouble happen, then there is one more bug.

ML> X:\FREEDOS\SETUP\INSTALL>rem Do not CALL this, but let it be the
ML> end-option. [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?
ML> X:\FREEDOS\SETUP\INSTALL>rem But what about the INSTALLER not being
ML> run? how to solve that? [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?

     Nice comments. :) Blair, you should definitely add colon ":" before
these lines to eliminates stepping through them.

18-Авг-2006 20:12 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Eric Auer) wrote to
freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net:

EA> I suggest that the
EA> "command [Yes=ENTER, No=ESC] ?" string itself should
EA> NOT be subjected to possible redirection. Will solve
EA> most of the problems that you mention to force that
EA> text to go to stderr. Possibly even ignoring CTTY,
EA> but at least ignoring redirection.

     I get better - I (temporarily) revert redirection to original one when
showing prompt for nested commands with redirection. Ie., now prompts output
to/from same place, where they output for first command. Ie., if CTTY works
with single-stepping over non-redirected/non-nested commands, then it should
work also with nested redirected commands.

EA> This can be less trivial than it sounds, so as soon
EA> as somebody has a patch to implement it, I would like
EA> to see the patch before it gets used...

     See my previous letters.