Hi!

30-Авг-2006 14:31 [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Alain M.) wrote to
freedos-devel@lists.sourceforge.net:

>>>      May someone recommend me free virtual environment (qemu? bochs?), with
AM> These are the most important links about Qemu:
AM> http://fabrice.bellard.free.fr/qemu/
AM> http://www.h7.dion.ne.jp/~qemu-win/
AM> and this is the binary for windows (5Mb)
AM> http://www.h6.dion.ne.jp/~kazuw/qemu-win/qemu-0.8.2-windows.zip

     Yes, thank you.

AM> But it does not say which version o Windows is required  :(
AM> I am currently testing under XP

     It does works - "installing" is easy, runs easy. I download freedos.img
(very outdated image) and have more questions, which are not lighten in
documentation.

1. how to pause output? Outside Windows I may press Pause key - how in QEMU?
   For example, I wish pause at some point, before screen content is
   replaced by next output...

related question:

2. how to scroll (view previous) output? freedos.img outputs too much,
   thus making most its output useless, unless it may be studied. ^Up, ^PgDn
   in main console (^Alt-1) doesn't work.

3. how to copy files to images or create non-empty images (from hard-drive
   directories)? For example, I wish to update kernel.sys or command.com -
   how?

3.1. I was try "-fda fat:subdir", but freedos.img doesn't shows ("dir a:")
   content of subdir (it think, there are no diskette). "-hdb fat:subdir"
   also not helps - "dir d:" shows "no files". The more so, "dir c:" also
   shows "no files"!

More generic question:

4. how to exchange files inside and outside virtual environment (and/or
   between real media and QEMU image)?