Hi Robert,

> Of course, all have documentation in standard man pages. ;-)

That is not standard, that is Unix ;-)

> AFAIK FreeDOS doesn't come with a man page reader. So what's
> the best method to make documentation accessible to DOS users?

We have the HTMLHELP system. You should contact Fritz Mueller
to have your pages integrated into the collection. Look at the
zip contents (old ones or better his variant) to get some idea
about the standard style of such help pages. Basically they do
look similar to MS DOS HELP but are rendered in (simple) HTML.

> My idea is to put original groff files to the "doc" folder...
> DJGPP's groff, strip line feeds from (to make a simple ASCII file)

Sure, you can always put some nice docs into doc, but it would
be okay to have the ASCII version in doc/PACKAGENAME/*.txt instead
of putting it into help/PACKAGENAME.en if you ask me ;-)

Eric