On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Aitor Santamaría <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I seem to remember that there was an easy way to mount a local win
> directory inside VMWare (as an extra driver or whatever), but I can't
> find the reference, could someone give me a clue?
[...]

I don't know how VMWare does it, but under VirtualBox it's easy to
make a folder on the host OS available to the guest OS as a network
share. On VirtualBox, it's \\vboxsvr\share, where 'share' is the share
name. On my system, I make /home/jhall available as \\vboxsvr\jhall.
This works great to work on files from a virtualized Windows, but use
my regular email client (on Linux) access them so I can email docs to
people. (I use VirtualBox to run Windows, so I can use Visio at work.)

I know you weren't interested in using the network bridge, but there
you are anyway ... :-)

-jh