On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Alain M. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Aitor,
>
> This is not OT at all :)
>
> if you are using FreeDOS in VMware, there is no way of doing it.
> Alternatives are:
> - dosemu: it can do it very nicely
> - use ftp from Eric Engelke, it is only 45k
> - msclient, worst of all, but it should work.

I run FreeDOS under DOSEmu, and that makes it dead simple to share
files between Linux (the host OS) and FreeDOS (guest OS). My C: drive
is already mapped to a directory in my Linux $HOME. In
$HOME/.dosemu/drives, my "c" is a symlink to my
$HOME/freedos/1.0-base/ directory. You can guess what version of
FreeDOS I have installed there. :-)

Any files that FreeDOS writes to the "disk" is just a file in my
$HOME/freedos/1.0-base/ directory. From Linux, I just go there to pick
up the file. Makes it easy to drop off files (like the E Editor ...
see other email) to experiment with in FreeDOS.

-jh