Hello, all FreeDos Developers,

I would like to offer two development packages for all FreeDos Users:

1. LCC 4.2 for DOS: An ANSI-C Compiler system for DOS with full sources
    for compilation with GCC. This Lcc compiler uses NASM 0.98 as assembler
    instead of GAS. The compiler system uses GCC tools like the LS linker
    and the AR archive manager, as well as MAKE for greater project. Most
    of the GCC headers can be used. LCC also uses libc.a and libm.a from
    GCC. It is also shipped with a high resolution VESA graphics library
    (linear frame buffer for protected mode). This LCC version is a true
    32 bit C compiler. It is very stable, shows meaningful error messages
    and it is fast. The executables are not optimized (beside some smaller
    inner optimizations in register usage). Like GCC, this compiler outputs
    assembler code, which is then compiled by NASM and linked against the
    C-library (or any other COFF library). The whole system is very compact
    and the the packet also has many example files for learning programming
    in C and expecially for graphics programming.

2. EiC (from Ed. Breen): This ANSI-C interpreter was originally made for
    UNIX-like systems. I took out the POSIX parts. Now, this C-Interpreter
    is a pure batch driven interpreter like good old Basic. It is the
fastest
    C-Interpreter I know (much faster than CH from Softintegration or CINT
    from CERN). Integrated into the interpreter is a VESA graphics library
    with linear frame buffer in protected mode. This way you can use EiC as
    scripting language for graphics programming. EiC is an easy to use, but
    also complete C-Interpreter with all the ANSI-C headers. The package
    comes with full sources for compilation with GCC. The Interpreter has
    a TeX formatted 200 page manual and the graphics library is also TEX
    formatted with an additional chapter about bezier curves (integral and
    rational). Nearly 80 programming examples files (most of them graphics)
    help newcomers to learn C programming.

Please let me know, if there is any interest in putting these packages into
the FreeDos archives for general access. I would be glad, if other FreeDos
users could use LCC and EiC for DOS.

Thanks in advance for your interest,

Detlef Reimers
(Bad Bramstedt, Germany)