On Wed, Jul 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Jim Hall <jh...@freedos.org> wrote:
> In Unix systems, the filename can be a short letter to grandma.
> For example, I just created these two 1-line files in my DOSEmu
> directory:
>
> $ ls -sk D*
> 4 Dear Grandma, I hope you are fine. I am fine too. Tomorrow, we are
> going on a boating trip. I think it will be fun. Will write again
> soon. -me
> 4 Dear Grandma, I hope you are fine. I am fine too. We had a lot of
> fun on the boating trip. Next week, I hope to try skydiving and
> lion-taming. Will write again soon. -me

LOL. I like your sense of humour, Jim.

With regard to modern filesystems, the intrinsic limitations that you
and the previous poster pointed out seem to rule out the LEAN
filesystem as well. Am I right in my inference?

It's strange, because the LEAN filesystem was designed to work on
FreeDOS-32, which is a DOS too, judging by the name. Can someone
explain the incongruence. BTW, is FreeDOS-32 dead or what?

What I was would be willing to settle for, eventually, is ANY
filesystem with extended attributes that can be used from within
(Free)DOS. But from what you have told me the prospects do not seem
very bright right now... :(