Am 19.07.2014 00:37, schrieb Ralf Quint:
> On 7/18/2014 3:09 PM, Juan Manuel Guerrero wrote:
>> This is not really disappointing. I was only testing for the
>> possibility to recommend the FreeDOS 1.1 distribution as an
>> alternative to WinXP and/or Win98SE to build DJGPP ports but this
>> seems not really be possible due to different issues and limitations.
>> Regards, Juan M. Guerrero
> DOS internally should work with both back and forward slashes.
Yes, I am aware of this.

> "Any" DOS command shell, including MS-DOS 6.22 should not except the
> forward slashes even in a batch file as you claim, "unless" the "switch
> char" has been deliberately been changed to something else via INT21H,
> function 37h...
I have installed FreeDOS 1.1 9 or 10 months ago.  I have played with it some
days and
not used it again until yesterday.  I have certainly not recompiled any
components of
the distribution.  I have also not installed any other program that should
change the
"switch char".  No other programs have been installed except those installed by
the
distribution proper.  All this means that I am not aware of having deliberately
changed
the "switch char".  May be it is worth to inspect the FreeCom sources to check
what
"switch char" has been selected and what does change it if at all.

Regards,
Juan M. Guerrero