On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Tom Ehlert <t...@drivesnapshot.de> wrote:

> in a new implemented, most likely buggy way (FreeCOM also had bazillion
of bugs which were removed over much time and effort)

Hopefully not! :)

> can it run batches?

As of right now, no, but in its final form, yes. It supports all the
environment variables and such as well.

> whats the resident footprint?

I'll have to get back to you on that one.

> make it drives.exe, usable with any other shell

A great idea! Consider it done.

> -Multithreaded file copying, moving and deleting.
> I doubt this makes much sense with singlethreading, synchronous DOS

You may be right, and I'm in a bit of a debate anyway over how to implement
this feature. I originally envisioned a system where you could initiate a
file copy in one shell, switch to another and continue working while the
original shell continues to operate, initiate a massive nested folder
delete in the second, move to a third shell while the first two continue to
operate, etc. Now, granted, there's not very many times when the average
user would need to do all these monumental file operations at once, plus
the threaded nature of the feature only extends to things directly under
the shell's control - e.g. copying, moving and deleting. It can't thread
actual DOS apps, so I wonder if it wouldn't make more sense to just include
the multiple file operation feature without the multiple shells. Under this
model there's only one shell interface, but when you initiate a file
operation, you would no longer have to wait until it finishes to continue.
I think this might be a better, more straightforward way to go.