On Tue, Jan 6, 2015 at 7:06 PM, Michael Brutman <mbbrut...@brutman.com>
wrote:

> You are really providing links to me about how protected mode works?  I am
> somewhat amused.
>
> Your new OS has to be able to arbitrate between conflicts caused by the
> multiple running VDMs.  If two programs running at the same time choose to
> access the same I/O ports how are you going to handle that?  (Hint:
> interleaving is not an option.)  What about screen and filesystem access?
> How do you plan to virtualize the keyboard and mouse?
>
> OS/2 had to do all of these things.  The OS described in your visions will
> have to do it as well.
>
> Any project is doable given enough resources.  The point that we keep
> trying to make is that this is going to require a lot of resources, and
> these things have already been done by other operating systems.  It doesn't
> make sense to spend resources on something we don't need.
>
> And as has already been pointed out, you seem to have a very poor
> understanding of the history of FreeDOS.  Here is a link:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pat_Villani
>
> Quite a few of us know about OS design and implementation.  I'm
> incredulous about general hand waving that is going on in this thread about
> how great a 32 bit FreeDOS would be.  By definition if it's 32 bit it's not
> FreeDOS.  Go start a project and do some work toward realizing your vision,
> but please stop calling it FreeDOS.  And stop pretending to be an OS
> architect.

Oh, the things I could say to that response... I just can't win with you,
can I? lol

You site my lack of technical info, then when I provide slightly more
technical examples, there's a problem with those, too. Oh, well. It seems
your mind is already made up that you don't want to even consider any new
ideas of this type. And that's all they are... ideas. I'm not forcing
anything on anybody, just making discussion since that is what this list is
for. And I'll have to agree with you on your point that a would-be
developer of such a project should go elsewhere to do so - they sure
wouldn't get much support here.

Regardless, this will be my final word to you on this subject.

P.S. Thank you for the link, however. I, for one, appreciate learning new
things.