The source appears to be a few lines of QuickBasic. It's basically:
   * read a password string from file
   * ask user for the password
   * if password matches, quit
   * otherwise, loop

I am not sure it's really useful for now, since it can be bypassed using
CTRL+C and/or CTRL+break.

Also, it duplicates the functionality of an already existing program we
have in the 'util' repo, called 'password' (turbo pascal, not breakable,
with logs, NLS-aware, written by me 15 years ago).

I don't really see the point in LOCK.EXE for now, but of course when/if
it evolves with the other features that were mentioned on the mailing
list recently (encrypting user directories and stuff), then it would
definitely bring an added value to FreeDOS.

Mateusz