I thank you for your feedback.Your concern for the CTRL+BREAK isn't a
problem.The QBASIC compiler I used allows you to choose whether or not to
add in breaks (I took out the CTRL+BREAK function).I just thought a
nice,simple LOCK program would be helpful.As for switching to C or C++,I'm
brand new to C++.I joined this community to help and to learn.While I am
pretty advance with QBASIC,I still have yet to create my first hello world
program on C++.As for Jim Hall's post,There is a way to encrypt files on a
drive without a fancy smancy program (It's kinda simple really).I made my
own encryption program,which asks for a file.It then asks for a
"password".The program takes the ASCII values of the password and adds them
all up.It then subtracts the first two ASCII values from the total.The end
result is a variable called KEY.This is what will encrypt and decrypt the
files.The program then reads the ASCII values of each text letter in the
file,and adds the KEY to the value.So the letter "A"'s value would go from
56 to whatever that plus the KEY is.It then prints the ASCII characters of
the output vairables to the file,rewriting it.The decryption process is the
opposite.Anyway,I apologize for the.....false alert of my program.I really
didn't know it wouldn't work until it happened.Well,that's programming for
an OS.Mistakes are going to happen.If anyone has any ideas for me,feel
free.Thanks!