> On Nov 27, 2015, at 2:32 PM, Mateusz Viste <mate...@viste.fr> wrote:
>
> Wow, that's a huge QA automation you developed there, it looks
> impressive! Thanks for sharing your results, I will get into this in
> upcoming days.

Thanks, it is built out of Batch + V8Power Tools + Grep.

:)

> BTW, what kind of virtual machine do you use? VirtualBox? Qemu? Bochs?
> Something else? It's just in case I can't reproduce the problems easily,
> so I can try using the same environment.

VMware Fusion Pro on Mac. I used to use VMware Server on Linux.
But, after they went to the pure web based interface it would get a
little flakey if left running for months.

> You give a total of 3 different errors. Here below I provide the
> "translation" of them. I will have to look closer for the exact causes,
> though.
>
> -2 means "cannot create file". this is kind of "normal" here, since I
> see it fails consistently on LFN files, which ideally shouldn't be
> present at all in packages (and I assume you do not use any kind of LFN
> extender like DOSLFN or so during your tests)

DOSLFN 0.41 is being loaded at startup.

> -15 is a failure reported by the DEFLATE library. Interestingly, it's
> the same symptom as what a user reported recently on the user mailing
> list about FDNPKG. Dunno if both are related. Not sure I will be able to
> do anything about that - if the DEFLATE library I use will be confirmed
> to fail, I will look for some alternatives.

Possible a compression level issue?

> -9 is probably caused by the same root problem than -15. It means "CRC
> failure" - that is, the DEFLATE library reported that inflation
> suceeded, but my calculations of the CRC32 on resulting files indicates
> that it's different than what it's supposed to be.

One thing that is really strange. Look at the DJGPP_MK package (and some others)
two [-9] errors on first attempt, one on second attempt, and two on third
attempt.

Also, some like the ARJ error. Reading it this is what happened:

Installed fine,
Removed Fine.
Installed error [-9] with arjdisp.exe.

Second attempt,
Installed fine
removed fine
installed fine.

Strange, almost sounds like a rampaging pointer somewhere or an uninitialized
variable.

> crash/freeze - no idea. Will have to locate where it gets stuck exactly.

I should try to run it under another memory manager just to rule out an issue
with it.