>         COMMAND, DJGPP_RH, NASM. Install ok, remove ok, reinstall system
> freeze/lockup.

>         HELP. Install ok, remove ok, reinstall system memory corrupt crash.

re-install should be exactly the same as install.
if it behaves differently, this is a HUGE hint that in the meantime
someone (the remove ?) trashed system memory.

this could be a bad behaved cache, memory manager or bad 'remove'

as the  rest has been around for a while, my first guess would be that
'remove' is the bad guy.

I'd try to

  install
  remove manually
  install

instead and see if that changes anything.

Anyway it's unlikely that FDNPKG is the bad behaving guy as it has
been around for a while.

just an educated guess, and good luck

Tom