Hi Steve,

cp437 does not cover spanish because it needs uppercase-acute-accented vowels (other than "É/é"), as does portuguese and many other romance languages, such as catalan, which you mentioned. Providing "Ñ/ñ", "¡/¿", "«/»" and "ª/º" is not enough.

Dutch is not properly handled by any MS-DOS/IBM-DOS codepage, ISO 8859-x or any other 8-bit encoding I've seen so far because they all lack the "IJ/ij" ligature (apart from that, there's no problem). It is encoded on Unicode for compatibility with old character tables, therefore I assume that there's some platform out there where a dutch keyboard layout can type it.

Henrique